There’s no doubt about it: keeping hydrated is a crucial part in getting perfect skin.
But in your attempt to drink your 8 glasses of water a day – are you exposing yourself to another health hazard?
We think so. And we’re not the only ones.
If you’re in the habit of drinking bottled water, we applaud you on your awesome water-drinking habit. But at the same time, we want to draw your attention to that fact that good ole’ H2O is not the only thing you’re getting from those water bottles.
Yes, we’re talking about the controversial compound bisphenol A, better known as BPA. BPA is a chemical that’s been used to harden plastics for over 40 years now. It’s practically everywhere, including in the majority of bottled waters.
And that’s not a good thing, especially considering BPA’s toxicity. As of 2005, 94 out of 115 peer-reviewed studies confirmed BPA’s toxicity and linked the compound to a variety of health issues such as:
- Hormone Levels. BPA is thought to act like a hormone in the body, mimicking the effects of oestrogen and disrupting normal hormone levels and throwing our bodies’ natural hormonal balance off-kilter. Hormonal levels affect everything from your skin (i.e. hormonal acne) to fertility as well as development in fetuses, babies and children. One study found that women with frequent miscarriages had approximately three times the level of BPA in their bloof as women with successful pregnancies.
- Heart Problems. At least two studies on BPA have found that adults with the highest levels of BPA in their bodies also have a higher incidence of heart problems.
- Cancer. Several animal studies have shown a positive link between BPA exposure and an increased risk of cancer.
And the thing about BPA is that it also readily absorbs through the skin. Researchers found that around 46% of BPA diffuses through human skin. This translates to you coming into contact with BPA not only from drinking bottled water but every time you touch the water bottle, increasing the levels of chemical in your body.
Picking up a bottle of water from your local mart is convenient, but it’s also not the best thing you can do for your skin or your body as a whole.
Especially when you can opt for a BPA free water bottle to transport your H2O in. These BPA free bottles are handy, cost-effective (simply load up on free, fresh water wherever you find it), environmentally friendly, and absolutely adorable.
Check out our top picks, in no particular order:
BPA Free Water Bottles #1. Lifefactory’s Glass Bottle
We love Lifefactory’s water bottles for their sheer, healthy functionality. These gorgeous bottles are available in 5 colors and made of glass that is free of harmful chemicals and FDA-approved.
All bottles are encased in a cute silicone sleeve that’s also plastic-free and non-toxic and provides great grip and insulation for hot, as well as cold, drinks.
The best part of glass bottles? No metallic taste. We’ll drink to that.
BPA Free Water Bottles #2. Takeya Glass
Chic, sleek, and as black as my heart – the Takeya glass water bottle is quite possibly the only re-usable water bottle that goes with a suit.
This business casual water bottle means business with its all-glass container and super chic silicone sleeve. Non-toxic, plastic-free, and oh, so good to look at.
- A LIFESTYLE: A lead-free glass water bottle with twist cap is an excellent source of...
- CONVENIENT SIP LID: This BPA free sip lid is easy to drink from, durable, and a cinch...
- Premium bottles and lids: Our innovative Line of insulated hydration solutions come...
BPA Free Water Bottles #3. Vatiri Handmade Glass Water Bottle
For those who love the look of a plain ole’ water bottle – minus the BPA plastic part – look no further than Vatiri’s handmade portable glass water bottle.
Absolutely stunning design made out of lead-free, BPA-free, toxin-free heat-resistant glass. Leak-free, glass lid on top.
- Handmade, made of lead-free heat-resistant glass .
- Both bottle and lid are made of glass .
- For both hot and cold liquid
BPA Free Water Bottles #4. BKR® Bottle
These are possibly the cutest design of reusable, BPA-free water bottles out there.
FDA-approved, BPA-free, dishwasher-safe bottles that come in a gazillion beautiful colors and made by a company that supports cancer research and combating the global water crisis. A must-have water bottle:
- THE ORIGINAL ANTIDOTE to Cheap, Disposable Plastic Bottles - the perfect union of...
- LEAKPROOF CAP with Carrying Loop - bkr’s simple, patented angled loop provides easy...
- EASY TO HOLD No-Slip Silicone - bkr’s removable silicone sleeve provides everyday...
BPA Free Water Bottles #5. Vapur Collapsible
This is the smartest choice of BPA-free water bottle for those who like to travel light. This cleverly designed water bottle comes with a Microfilter that’s integrated into the cap and capable of filtering up to 500 liters of water.
Fill it when in need of water and once you’re done drinking, you can fold it and roll it up for super easy storage. Probably the only water bottle that can fit in your pockets.
- Quality Bottle 100% Designed in the USA
- Super Cap--Flip Cap. Tough-Seal. Easy Open.
- Ultra Durable BPA-Free 3-Ply Material. Dishwasher Safe.
BPA Free Water Bottles #6. Rive Bamboo Glass
This BPA-free glass water bottle makes it to our list for sheer beauty. The 100% pure glass is beautifully decorated with a bamboo theme that never gets old to stare it.
- 100-Percent pure glass, BPA free, will not leach chemicals or impart any taste to its...
- Easy open/close, 180-Degree leak resistant cap
- No need to unscrew for drinking; ergonomic drink experience with easy flow
BPA Free Water Bottles #7. Lemon On-the-Go
Super spiffy BPA-free water bottle for those who like their water lemon-ed and on-the-go.
This awesome water bottle is BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and breakage-preventative with the unique ability to juice lemons straight into your water.
- Cleaner, greener, glass is the healthiest choice in reusable bottles
- Removable citrus reamer adds fresh flavor without exposing your water to chemicals
- Soft lid and specially-designed lid cushion the blow dropped
BPA Free Water Bottles #8. Flavour It Glass Bottle with Fruit Infuser
For those who like their water flavored with a little more than lemon, go for this simple and clean glass water bottle with a removable fruit infuser.
It’s BPA-free, dishwasher-safe, and it also hold herbs 😉
- ENJOY THE FABULOUS FLAVORS OF INFUSED WATER: Now you can use our water bottle infuser...
- FREE YOURSELF FROM TOXINS: This glass water bottle and the removable infuser are 100%...
- THE SKY’S THE LIMIT: Take your sports water bottle and the removable fruit infuser...
BPA Free Water Bottles #9. Glass and Bamboo
This stunning double-glass water bottle is ideal for those who like their drinks both hot and cold. Made from eco-thermal double-paned glass that keeps drinks hot or cold longer than most bottles. Complete with an awesome bamboo screw top.
And perfectly insulated to keep your fingers from burning no matter how hot the liquid in the bottle is.
- DRINK HEALTHIER - With these fruit infuser water bottles, you can create your very...
- LOOK GREAT FOR GYM, OFFICE, SCHOOL, OR ON THE GO - The glass tea infuser travel mug...
- PERFECT FOR HOT OR COLD TEA, INFUSED WATER OR ANY OTHER DRINK - Our heat resistant...
BPA Free Water Bottles #10. Black+Blum Eau Good Water Bottle
There are a lot of beautifully designed water bottles, but this one takes the cake for its unique chic and functionality.
The glass-like bottle is BPA-free and more durable than glass and the look is completed with a cute cork lid. The black stuff you see in the bottle is actually a binchotan active charcoal filter with a 6-month lifespan to reduce chlorine as well as mineralize and balance the pH of water.
- LEAK PROOF NATURAL CORK & SILICONE SEAL: The cork and silicone stopper is held...
- CHARCOAL FILTER STICK: The charcoal stick water filter comes ready to use. The bottle...
- ERGONOMIC WATER BOTTLE: The curve of the bottle gives it a natural position for your...
Tip: If you’ve forgotten your BPA-free bottle and need some water pronto, make sure you check the bottled water you’re about to buy for those little arrows with numbers inside, like this:
Watch out for the numbers 3 and 7 as these plastics might contain BPA. Also, the letters “PC” are to be avoided.